Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Roses

I have two rose  bushes planted in my flower bed outside. One was here when Mike and I moved in and the other was given to us when Mike began hospice. Neither Mike nor I were good with plants so I planted it right away outside figuring if I planted it properly, God would take care of the bush.
 
One day when Father came over to administer communion to Mike, he was unable to consume the Eucharist. When asked what to do with the Eucharist, Father said to  bury it. I thought the perfect spot would be next to new rose bush.
 
Over the years this rose bush has grown...and still now, with a couple light snow falls, 30+/- degree weather, it is still blooming! Regardless of the reason why, the beauty of the roses, (not to my avail...all to God's handiwork) is enough to make me smile each day and appreciate how good God is and how magnificent his design is of all creation.
 
 
Poem to the Virgin Mary: Mystical Rose with Prayer

Mystical Rose
THERE is no rose of such virtue
As is the rose that bear Jesu:
Alleluia.
For in this rose containéd was
Heaven and earth in little space:
Res Miranda.
By that rose we may well see
There be one God in Persons Three:
Pares forma.
The angels sang, the shepherds too:
Gloria in Excelsis Deo:
Gaudeamus.
Leave we all this worldly mirth
And follow we this joyful birth:
Transeamus.
By an unknown Medieval Author
Res Miranda, thing to be marvelled at. Pares forma, equal in nature. Gaudeamus, let us rejoice. Transeamus, let us go hence.
 
 
A Prayer
Mystical Rose, Immaculate Virgin, Mother of Mercy, I venerate thee that I might honor thy Divine Son and thereby win His mercy. I ask for thy help in the clemency of thy Maternal Heart in all confidence that I will be heard.
Hail Mary . . .
Mystical Rose, Mother of the Savior, Queen of the Holy Rosary and Mother of the Church, Christ's Mystical Body, I beseech thee on behalf of a war-torn world enslaved by sin, be merciful to those about to be lost for all eternity, especially those who have no one pray for them, and pray for us, your children through consecration.
Hail Mary . . .
Mystical Rose, Queen of the Apostles and the clergy, grant to priests hearts docile to thee and thy Motherly Heart, holy zeal for souls and a love of poverty in union with thee and Jesus Christ. I beg thee on behalf of those priests who know you little and seek not thy friendship in the Holy Rosary: pour on them thy mercy and solicitude.
Hail Mary . . .
Hail Holy Queen . . .
Mystical Rose,
Help of Christians, pray for us.
Mystical Rose of the Immaculate Conception,
protectress of priests and the consecrated,
win them the favor of Jesus Christ! Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment