Search This Blog

Friday, December 7, 2012

Packing up Boxes

It's been a while that I've been meaning to do this, pack up boxes of Mike's stuff. His clothes, shoes and donate all of it. I've been feeling so guilty hanging on to it. I've kept what I've wanted, made crafts with the kids with his socks, tshirts. I've given away his clothes. But there is still so much left and still so many people that need. I decided that this weekend I would donate it all to a local food/clothing bank where I volunteer. As I started packing up his winter coats though, something happened. Memories started flooding back. Memories of when he wore that blue coat when we went snowboarding and snowtubing. Or when I bought him that one leather coat for Christmas one year, and then he didn't like it so we went and returned it and picked out another one together...this one. Then I started digging through his pockets and found some of his stuff. His black leather gloves, business card holder and business cards. Tears began to fall. I haven't cried in some time and I really miss him. I shut the box and realized this was it. This was all I was going to do for now, but perhaps donating these clothes, these warm coats now before the 1st snowfall would be helpful. The rest will be taken at another date, hopefully soon.
 
I pray for the strength to do so.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment