Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

St. Augustine Pray For Us!


Here is my heart, O God,
Here it is with all its secrets.
Look into my thoughts, O my hope,
and take away all my wrong feelings.
Let my eyes be ever on you
and release my feet from the snare.
I ask you to live with me,
To reign in me,
To make this heart of mine a holy temple,
A fit dwelling for your divine majesty.
Amen.

- St. Augustine of Hippo



St. Augustine's Prayer to the Holy Spirit

Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy.
Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy.
Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love but what is holy.
Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy.
Guard me, then, O Holy Spirit, that I always may be holy.
Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment