Search This Blog

Friday, September 14, 2012

email

Received an email from a new acquaintance asking if they could pass along my contact information to a friend who's father has cancer. They are looking into a wholistic diet to support the immune system and heard about some of the things Mike and I tried.

Over 4+ years ago Mike and I were trying out different diets in efforts to reduce the side-effects of his medication/treatments, prevent the growth of the tumor, set that "healthy terrain" to prohibit new tumors from developing. (I was so influenced by what I learned I actually try to follow this diet still). After Mike died I remember looking at all of the notes, binders, file folders, books, etc. we had compiled wondering what I should do with all of this stuff. I've kept it all. A majority I use as reference material for the foundation, but in cases like this it will prove to be handy too. It's been some time since I've opened those books and revisited that time in my life. But when I do I sometimes I find little gifts tucked inside. Like little notes written by Mike. Seeing his handwriting still takes my breath away. Or even I'll remember moments or the day when we were sitting in the doctors office at UH waiting for the MRI results to come in and what we were talking about or if I was doodling and as Mike sat and watched. Those little memories come flooding back. All by one email request. Funny to think about this now after so long.

Every once in while God sends reminders like this to me. Reminders I guess about life and how his plan is just so much greater than what I've ever imagined. Twelve and 1/2 years ago I thought I had my life and future all figured out...teaching in the public schools, just started dating Mike (who I knew a month after we dated I was going to marry), kids eventually. And now, my life is in such a different place than I ever would have imagined, by God's design not my doing. And I'm not sure where my future is headed, but it's moments like this that remind me that he's got it all taken care of. I just have to do my part to be faithful and trust.

I do hope I have the opportunity to speak to this person and perhaps provide some information or support. Maybe help in some small way?

No comments:

Post a Comment