Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

This is the Stuff

Every have one of those days where you let "stuff" get you down and you lose sight of what is truly important, God? Today's been one of those days for me. I keep praying that I'll stop letting the "stuff" distract me from my primary focus...but it's been difficult today. But I'm persistent in prayer. I've found it helpful when the "stuff" that interferes with my day is other people's behavior and attitudes to pray for them. When the "stuff" is just stuff...well, I try to remember that. God sometimes sends reminders in His own special way too. For instance, driving home today I was behind a bus for the developmentally and physically handicapped. I sat and watched them unboard the bus to their home and  that took care of the stuff, it just didn't matter anymore. A family member lost his grandfather today...there you go another reminder of how this "stuff" that feels so important at the time, is really so insignificant.

Here's one of my favorite songs...all about stuff!
 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment