Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Morning Prayer




Father, grant that I may be 


a bearer of Christ Jesus, your Son. 


Allow me to warm 


the often cold, impersonal scene 


of modern life with your burning love. 


Strengthen me by your Holy Spirit 


to carry out my mission of changing the world 


or some definite part of it for the better. 


Despite my lamentable failures, 


bring home to me that my advantages 


are your blessings to be shared with others. 


Make me more energetic in setting right 


what I find wrong with the world 


instead of complaining about it. 


Nourish in me a practical desire 


to build up rather than tear down, 


to reconcile instead of polarize, 


to go out on a limb rather than crave security. 


Never let me forget 


that it is far better to light one candle 


than to curse the darkness,


and to join my light, 


one day, with yours. Amen.


- Prayer of the Christophers




http://www.livingwithchrist.us/


Received this prayer today in my inbox this morning. What a perfect gift to receive today! Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment