Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Party

As I was driving home tonight from class I was thinking about all of the people in my life and how lucky I am...Jesus, family, friends, priests, coworkers, classmates, students, teachers, acquaintances, strangers, saints and I can't forget my guardian angel! All have impacted me, supported and guided me in this journey called life. Some I've known for years, some for days, some I don't even know their full name and some I haven't even met, but just by hearing about them and the lives they lived have inspired me to attempt to change my ways and strive to do better, be a better Christian.  By the grace of God they were brought into my life and they may not even know how they have impacted me. Some of these people know each other, some do not and may never meet. Sometimes I think about how cool it would be if I could invite all of these people, living, dead and spiritual beings to gather together for one big party. And not the type of party you typically host where you feel like you just don't have enough time to truly spend with each guest, so when the evening is over you wish you had spent more time talking to so and so or you wonder if you even said goodbye to so and so, but instead where time would be endless. I continued to drive smiling at this thought & even began to envision some of the guests interacting. My "drive-dream" was interrupted with a final thought. I began to wonder if perhaps this is what Heaven will be like? One big party with those you love. A party that is eternal and hosted by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment