Search This Blog

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Thank You Cards

It's lesson planning time for me. As I was digging through my school bag I found some thank you cards that I received last week that I tossed in my bag in haste. In the busyiness of the week I forgot to open them!  So tonight I sat and opened the cards. The messages were kind and beautiful. The final card I opened is what prompted me to write this. What a gift! I remember receiving this card actually now. The other cards came earlier in the week...probably on our 1st day back, this one was later in the week. It wasn't a thank you card, but a prayer card! On the front of the card is Jesus kneeling and the prayer;

Lord,
You care about every detail in our lives.
You know how many hairs are on our heads
and how many cares are in our hearts.
So I ask You to be espcially near to Your beloved child
Give peace, renew strength, restore hope,
and guide the way to better, brighter days ahead.
Amen

And inside it reads; Mary you are on my heart and in my prayers. It is an anonymous card, no signature. It is awesome just knowing someone is thinking and praying for me...not sure what I did to deserve their prayers, but how beautiful.

Kind of gives a new meaning to a  "Thank You" card. Instead of it being a card where someone is thanking me, I'm giving thanks to God for receiving this card and for the person who gifted me with it and is praying for me. It's moments like this I just stop in awe and thank God and smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment