Search This Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Chalk Drawings

I was praying tonight outside of an abortion clinic for 40 Days for Life with a group.  I have been doing this for years  and tonight I saw something I never saw before. Kids' chalk drawings on the sidewalk, right by the entrance to the building. Colorful hearts, traced in rainbows, I'm sure drawn with laughs and giggles, hopes and smiles. I could totally picture the scene in my mind, just like I've witnessed at recesses at school or my nieces and nephews so many times before over the years. 

What struck me though was the possibility that perhaps if someone were stopping by or bringing a loved one or relative for an abortion maybe they saw these kid(s) outside coloring, drawing, laughing and having fun. Perhaps minds and hearts were changed in that moment toward life not death. 

And I love that the kids drew hearts...(I know it's St. Valentine's Day so it's probably a gimme) but still to mark that place with symbols of love amidst the death that occurs within it's walls, so amazing. When I saw the drawings, I couldn't help but smile and admire their artwork. So of course I had to take a photo! 


No comments:

Post a Comment