Search This Blog

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Bless the Lord

This week I've been playing catch-up from being away last weekend. Lots of studying, school work, sleep (what's that??) to catch-up on. Needless to say, I've failed in all departments. Lessons late, didn't complete all my reading for class, thank God an assignment was extended (still amazed no matter how many times things like that happen, God is so good) in spite of all that my prayer life unfortunately is suffering too. I can't muster up the energy to stay awake long enough, hitting snooze a couple more times (yes that S is intentional) than I should. I have been late to mass not once but twice. And one of those times I was going to be so late, I couldn't even bring myself to going, I was ashamed. So I turned around and went to the adoration chapel. Disappointed I wasn't able to receive him, yet humbled I could still sit in his presence in spite of my lack of efforts to be on time to mass. Tried to blame it on traffic, etc. still have to think I could have put God first and left just a little bit earlier, put forth that extra effort what a difference that could have made.


It's moments like these that really humble me. I was thinking about that this morning during mass . (Yes I was on time...early in fact!). The gospel reading for today, The Parable of the Lost Son, Luke 15:1-3,11-32 left me with much to think about. Father asked us to reflect which character we are from the parable...I thought I've been all of them. I've been the brother who's jealous and not understanding God's mercy. I've been the lost son. And sometimes, when I'm blessed by God's grace,  I can be like the merciful father. But I can be more and I'm called to be more each day. I need to keep trying in spite of my unworthiness and failed attempts realizing I can do all things only through Christ.


"Bless the LORD, my soul; all my being, bless his holy name! 
Bless the LORD, my soul; and do not forget all his gifts, 
Who pardons all your sins, and heals all your ills, 
Who redeems your life from the pit, and crowns you with mercy and compassion, 
Who fills your days with good things, so your youth is renewed like the eagle’s."
 Psalm  103:1-5



No comments:

Post a Comment