Search This Blog

Saturday, May 18, 2013

By Your Side

"To where will you go child
Tell me where will you run
To where will you run
'Cause I'll be by your side wherever you fall
In the dead of night whenever you call
And please don't fight these hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you"


These are lyrics from a song (you can listen to it below). I was thinking about this today. I saw a parishioner in the church parking lot after mass and she told me her father had died earlier this morning. After we talked I walked away struck by her faith. Only hour(s) after her father died she was at church. Seeking God and consolation from the Eucharist; his body, blood, soul and divinity. She ran to God in-spite of her pain, loss, the planning & arrangements that would need to be made. She chose to run to God, made time for God. And she undoubtedly felt God's presence by her side.

I pray for her, her family and her faithful departed. I pray that she will continue to feel God's love and healing grace. I pray that my eyes, heart, mind and ears will continue to be open to observe and embrace such moments as these. To recognize Jesus' workings... not just in my own life, but also in the lives of others as we journey together towards our heavenly home. Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment