Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Giving Until It Hurts

Three times this has happened over the month where I have been wondering about if I can afford this or that or if I can afford a donation and/or how much. Then I pray and remember the ideal of "giving until it hurts" and before I know it God has already provided. Two times I actually received the exact amount I just wrote checks for! And yesterday another surprise, an answer to a prayer. Thank you God for providing for me. I know this won't always happen, but am just thankful for; the times it does, being able to be aware to recognize moments like this and even embrace the "poverty" moments and live those moments with joy.

So do not worry and say, ‘What are we to eat?’ or ‘What are we to drink?’ or ‘What are we to wear?’ All these things the pagans seek. Your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom (of God) and his righteousness, and all these things will be given you besides. Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself. Sufficient for a day is its own evil. (Matthew 6:31-34)

No comments:

Post a Comment