Search This Blog

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Smallest Details

I have been reading St. Faustina's Diary for some time after learning about it from some sisters who actually teach the Divine Mercy. I usually read it in small sections because it is deeply spiritual and there are so many prayerful thoughts and words. More often then not I read it when I'm in chapel. Tonight while at chapel I was reading and words began to jump out at me and brought me back to something that just had happened yesterday...

"Jesus likes to intervene in the smallest details of our life, and He often fulfills secret wishes of mine that I sometimes hide from Him, although I know that from Him nothing can be hidden."  (Diary of St. Faustina Book 1 #360)

Yesterday after school I stopped by chapel. (This is nothing new, my daily visits have been happening for some time now...longing for more than 1 visit some days but with other responsibilities I'm not always able to). When I stopped in I actually *planned* on only staying for just a bit. I just wanted to visit with Jesus and head home. I wasn't feeling well and just wanted to go home and go to bed. However, when I entered the chapel a woman asked if I was the sub-adorer for the 5 o'clock hour. I told her I wasn't but I could stay. There was one other woman there after she left. In my heart I had a longing to be alone with Jesus. I secretly (or so I thought secretly) hoped I could be alone with him in the chapel. I was feeling empty, worn, tired, head was pounding. Jesus knew this and blessed me with this secret wish of mine. The woman left and I was alone with him. I could talk to him personally and tell him aloud how I was feeling, fears, doubts, how I have been trying to pray and struggling. How much I love him and want to do his will no matter what that is or even though I might not understand. 

Just think...how much our God must love us to pay attention to the smallest details of our lives not because he has to, because he wants to.

No comments:

Post a Comment