Search This Blog

Friday, September 13, 2013

The Gift I was Blessed With Today

(There's so many layers to this story when the time is right I will write further to explain more). For tonight I want to share the basic story and how blessed I feel at this moment, having a hard time putting it into words...hope this makes sense. :)
 
About a month ago I went to see a neurologist again because my migraines had intensified and the medication was no longer having an impact on the frequency nor intensity. The neurologist referred me for a bunch of tests, including an MRI. The MRI showed a pineal cyst in my brain so he referred me to a neurosurgeon for a 2nd opinion and to discuss treatment options. The neurosurgeon reviewed the MRI and confirmed there was a cyst, but wanted to have another MRI done on a better quality machine to verify it was a cyst and not a tumor. After many prayers, much family and friends' support and prayers, hours in chapel... I went today for the MRI review. Get this...NO cyst, NO tumor! There is nothing!! The neurosurgeon said to pretend like this never happened. While I know what he meant, I don't want to pretend like it never happened. During this month of waiting, praying; a lot of beautiful things have transpired and if I pretended it didn't happen that means I wouldn't be able to share it and tell how good our God is! Call it a miracle, call it a bad MRI scan first time around, whatever you will, I call it a gift and I want to share this gift and I hope it offers others faith and hope.
 
In praise and thanksgiving for all of the prayers and for the gift I was blessed with today. Thanks be to God for all of his goodness and mercy.

 

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in God my Savior
for he has looked with favor on his lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed:
the Almighty has done great things for me,
and holy is his Name.
He has mercy on those who fear him
in every generation.
He has shown the strength of his arm,
he has scattered the proud in their conceit.
He has cast down the mighty from their thrones,
and has lifted up the lowly.
He has filled the hungry with good things,
and the rich he has sent away empty.
He has come to the help of his servant Israel
for he remembered his promise of mercy,
the promise he made to our fathers,
to Abraham and his children forever.
Amen  

No comments:

Post a Comment