Search This Blog

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Giving to God

"In February of 1995 I visited Honduras which is located in the Caribbean Sea. Leaving the group I walked through the streets of poverty and disease wondering what life would be like if I were to live there. After purchasing something in a store I stood holding my change and having a fragmented conversation with one of the locals who only spoke a little English. After 5 minutes or more the woman behind the counter signalled to me to give back the change from my purchase which I was still holding in my hand. I hesitated for a few moments because I already thought she had not given me enough of the foriegn currency. Finally, I handed her the change and after shuffling around in her money box she handed me back some money--more money than she originally handed me. I believe our experience of surrendering to God has some similarities. We are scared to abandon what we have and give everything to God in case we end up with less than what we started with. Fools we are! God always gives more than what He asks from us." ~Mustard Seeds

http://dynamiccatholic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment