Search This Blog

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Ave Maria!

The month of May is dedicated to The Blessed Virgin Mary, but today was especially a day where Mary was talked about in the computer lab at school...not to my doing, it was the kids of course.

During my 2nd grade class the kids were more talkative than normal (just excited for a program they were performing in later that afternoon and evening I'm sure) and I had to tell them a couple times to quiet down. One last time I said to them, "Boys and Girls I'm waiting for something." and before I could finish and say that I was waiting for listening ears and eyes, one boy said, "oh, that we should pray." I smiled at his response (even better!) and told him he could lead the prayer, and he did with a prayer to our Blessed Mother. We all prayed "Hail Mary" and then began class. Thank you Mother Mary for interceding just when needed!

Later that day I had a 1st grade class. As we were getting ready to begin class a little boy said to me, "Ms. Belz one night I prayed 30 Hail Marys!"

I replied, "Wow! Why? Were you afraid or you couldn't sleep?" I thought with the recent storms maybe he called upon Mary for help or to protect him.

He responded, "No. I just wanted Jesus and Mary to know how much I love them."


"Let us run to Mary, and, as her little children, cast ourselves into her arms with a perfect confidence." ~Saint Francis de Sales


Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment