Search This Blog

Saturday, July 5, 2014

A Nun's Bestman

One of the questions I have been asked in regards to me discerning, entering religious life, "What do you think Mike thinks"? And I often reply well God-willing he’s in heaven so I’m sure he’s happy, been cheering me on and been praying for me; along with the other saints in heaven!

I've been reflecting a lot about both vocations and how blessed I have been to be able to live and experience the vocation of being married and now the vocation to religious life. This is truly a gift.  I think if someone were to ask me that question again I would tell them I think that Mike is going to be the best man at my wedding to Jesus. And I feel pretty lucky because I'm not sure if every nun is blessed with a best man, but I feel like God has given me one.



"Those in heaven have been purged of all selfishness, and their love has become the love of God Himself. They watch over us with eager care and pray that we shall come to a good end." (Bishop Patrick Ahern, Maurice & Therese)

No comments:

Post a Comment