Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Empty Seats

Ever sit in church an look at all the empty seats and think "if only they were filled". I typically sit in the same spot and I often think I should move closer to the altar or sit nearer to someone else, in essence, filling in the gaps.

Tonight I attended my first class for the Ministry of Consolation  and one of the attendees, a Sister, mentioned something so beautiful that she was once told about those "empty seats". A priest once said at a funeral that those seats aren't truly empty for when we gather, we gather in communion with the angels and the saints. So in our presence, are the angels and the saints filling in the "empty seats" praying with us. Never know who you might have sitting next to you in church!

No comments:

Post a Comment