Search This Blog

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Low Tech

I'm very low-tech this weekend. My phone it kaput! I found out Friday, and I won't have a replacement until Monday. I do not have a land-line, it was my alarm clock, gps, cardio trainer, mp3 player, camera, watch, oh yeah did I mention phone? Yeah I'm guilty, I used it for Facebook, text messaging, email, I was wired to the world. Funny thing, though I miss it I'm realizing it is mainly out of habit. I'm surviving. I just say a little prayer to good 'ole St. Christopher that I make it wherever safely (with no detours) remember...no phone to call for help, no gps to reroute...how spoiled right? What I do miss is my rosary app. I can pray it on my own, but it's not pretty. There's a lot of flipping around through my prayer book, flubbed words. Oh, and the Laudette app I miss too for Liturgy of the Hours. But in a lot of ways, it is kind of a nice reminder to take a break sometimes. To turn off the noise and distractions and listen.

"When it's God Who is speaking . . . the proper way to behave is to imitate someone who has an irresistible curiosity and who listens at keyholes. You must listen to everything God says at the keyhole of your heart."
- St. John Vianney

No comments:

Post a Comment