Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Baptism - take 2

One summer day as I was riding in the car with two of my friends, they started taking about their baptism and asked if I knew the date of my baptism. Not only did I not know the date, I didn't even know where I was baptised. They told me I should look up the date and celebrate it each year, just like a birthday. Funny. Never thought of my baptism quite like a birthday before, but they are right because our baptism is when we are born into eternal life.  I started thinking about this on Sunday as we celebrated the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord and then I read this article, A Universal Call to Party online.
 
Of course God always has more to add to a story. When I did look up my baptismal certificate I found out the date; May 29th. I was baptised at a church that is about a mile away from the school where I am now teaching. (So that's only about 15 minutes from where I live). I go graduate school and work with a Sister who is the DRE at the parish! How amazing is God. So how am I going to celebrate this year? I will go to mass at the parish I was baptised. Thank my parents for gifting  me with this eternal gift; best gift I ever received (well, next to my life...). Thanks mom and dad!! Thanks be to God!
 
"Holiness does not demand anything great, beyond the ability of the person. It depends on God’s Love; every daily act can be transformed into an act of love."
~Saint Ursula Ledochowska (feast day 5/29)

No comments:

Post a Comment